Project Competition Webinars
CIHR is holding a series of Question and Answer webinars on the Project Grant: Fall 2017 application starting on Thursday, July 20, 2017. They will provide participants with a brief overview of recent changes and an opportunity to ask questions. Register early if you would like to ensure your place.
- Thursday, July 20, 2017 from 13:30-14:30 EDT (English)
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 from 13:00-14:00 EDT (English)
- Tuesday, August 01, 2017 from 13:00-14:00 EDT (English)
- Friday, August 18, 2017 from 13:00-14:00 EDT (English)
- Thursday, August 31, 2017 from 13:00-14:00 EDT (English)
- Friday, September 08, 2017 from 13:00-14:00 EDT (English)
Foundation Competition Update
The Fall 2017 Foundation Competition funding opportunity details were released in March, 2017. The CIHR president released a statement regarding changes to the fall Foundation competition
- The total funding envelope for the Foundation Grant program will be reduced from $200M to $125M, and the $75M reduction will be redirected to the Project Grant program.
- Early career investigators (ECIs) will not be eligible to apply to the Foundation Grant program, starting with the 2017-18 competition, but CIHR will ensure that the success rate of ECIs is equalized in the Project Grant program. (Posted July 18, 2017)
Project Competition Update
The Fall 2017 Project Competition funding opportunity details have been released.
The CIHR president released a statement regarding changes to the fall Project competition.
- The grant application will be reviewed by face-to-face panels, with no online or other prior evaluations.
- Applicants will be asked to choose the panel most relevant to their research.
- Reviewers will be recruited for a single panel.
- The Project Grant application form has changed only slightly.
- 10 pages including figures.
- May include unlimited attachments, but reviewers are not required to read attachments.
- May include a response to previous reviews (two pages). (Posted July 18, 2017)
Project Competition Results
Results can be found at http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/50313.html (Posted May 15, 2017)
Foundation 2016 Competition Timeline
Final Notice of Decision: August 3, 2017
(Posted March 23, 2017)
Fall Foundation 2017 Competition Timeline
CIHR has released the Fall 2017 Foundation Com5etition Funding Opportunity Details
Registration Deadline: August 8, 2017
Stage 1 Application Deadline: September 12, 2017
Stage 1 Notice of Decision: December 7, 2017
Stage 2 Application Deadline: February 6, 2018
Final Notice of Decision: July 1, 2018
(Posted March 23, 2017)
Other Grant Assist Program Streams
Director, Grant Assist Program (Health Sciences)
Project Coordinator, Grant Assist Program